Modeling Longitudinal Data
Winter 2012 - Robert Weiss
News and announcements:
- Thanks for a fantastic class. Until next time...
Class Schedule, Email Addresses and Office Hours:
Event Time Day Room Lecture 8:30 - 9:50 Tuesday 61-269 CHS Lecture 8:30 - 9:50 Thursday 61-269 CHS Computer Lab 1A 11:00 - 11:50 Tuesday A1-241 CHS Computer Lab 1B 12:00 - 12:50 Tuesday A1-241 CHS Prof Robert Weiss robweiss at ucla dot edu Office Hours 10:00-10:50 Tuesday, Thursday 51-269 Office Hours 10:00-10:50 Tuesday, Thursday 51-269 TA Xuyang Lu xylu at ucla dot edu Office Hours 3:00-3:50 Tuesday, Thursday 41-235 And by appointment
2012. Syllabus and Textbook
2012 Course Information and Syllabus. Includes HW due dates.
The textbook is Modeling Longitudinal Data The book web site has data and links to example code.
2012. Lecture NotesFirst Packet of Lecture Notes, 28 pages. Please print and bring to class.
Zipped folder of all 9 course note packets Password Protected: Attend class to get password. Teachers of the course at other universities are welcome to copies of the notes.
Newly rescanned packet 4 lecture notes.
- Homework Number 1
- Papers for HW #1 problem 1.
Homework Number 2 Homework Number 3 Homework Number 4 Homework Number 5 Data Analysis Project 1.
- Data Analysis Project 1 data set. SAS data set for DAP1. Minor typo in definition of mfa fixed 20120229 17:16.
- Data Analysis Project 1 data set. Comma delimited data set for DAP1.
- Data Analysis Project 1 Raw latex.
Data Analysis Project 2.
- Data Analysis Project 2 data set. SAS data set for DAP2.
- Data Analysis Project 2 data set. Comma delimited data set for DAP2.
- Lopngitudinal Study on Aging code book.
- Data Analysis Project 2 Raw latex.
Homeworks (Original LaTeX)
- Homework Number 1
- Homework Number 2
- Homework Number 3
- Homework Number 4
- Homework Number 5
- Data Analysis Project 1.
- Data Analysis Project 2.
2012 Computer Labs for Learning Longitudinal Data Analysis Using SAS.
- Lab 1 Initial Exploratory Data Analysis
- Lab 2 Graphics
- Lab 2 (word)
- Pediatric Pain SAS data set for use in Lab 2 Revised. (word)
- Mice Big (Balanced with missing format)
- Mice Small
- Four needed Macros (written by Michael Friendly)
- Lab 3 Simple Analyses
- Lab 4 Fixed Effects: Class variables and estimate, contrast and lsmeans statements
- Lab 5 Covariance Models
- Lab 6 Hierarchical/Nested Data
- Lab 6 (word)
- Selected output and comments (word)
- BSI Total
- Weight Loss 2 (day of observations, visit type)
- Lab 7 Discrete Data
- Lab 7 (word)
- NLMixed and Glimmix Malaria output (word)
- SAS Glimmix Procedure (links at bottom for the procedure and for the documentation).
- Morbidity (Kenya)
- Lab 8 Bivariate Longitudinal Data
- Lab 8 (word)
- Pediatric Pain Text File
- Selected output and comments 1 of 2 (word)
- Selected output and comments 2 of 2 (word)
- Lecture notes on bivariate longitudinal data
- Lab 9 Residual Analysis for Random Effects Models
2008 Useful Links
2008 Miscellaneous SAS Code
- Create Dental Data From Cards, Convert Wide to Long, Proc Contents, Proc Print.
- Create Small Mice Data From Cards, Convert Wide to Long, Sort & Proc Means.
- Create the 3 Hypothetical Weight Loss data sets, sort, fit with AR, CS and RIAS covariance models.
- Merge two ozone text files, create case number variable into SAS data set newzone1.
- On line Proc Mixed documentation from SAS Institute
- UCLA ATS on-line repeated measures information source.
- UCLA links to on-line SAS Documentation
- UCLA Glimmix documentation
- SAS Glimmix Procedure and Documentation
2008 Courses and Texts Around the Country
- Lynn Eberly University of Minnesota Biostat
- Don Hedeker Longitudinal Data
- Francesco Dominici JHU Biostat
- UNC course
- Fitzmaurice, Laird and Ware Text
- Singer and Willett Text
Robert Weiss http://rem.ph.ucla.edu/~rob/ Department of Biostatistics e-mail: robweiss at ucla.edu UCLA School of Public Health FAX: (310) 267-2113 Los Angeles, CA 90095-1772 USA Phone: (310) 206-9626